This is how you ensure a quick quote for your foundation12-10-2021 | W. van Wijngaarden
If you want to order materials for your construction project, you naturally want to be clear as soon as possible about which materials to order and the costs. And all this as clearly and orderly as possible, without surprises afterwards. We make every effort to provide you with an elaboration of the reinforcement as a construction kit with a complete quotation as quickly as possible. But you can also influence the speed of this process yourself!
Figure 1: 3D model foundation
Delay due to incomplete or redundant information
When you submit a sketch of a foundation with little information, we have to start calling to ask questions. We are also going to call when you send in a structural drawing but the information on reinforcement is missing. And when you send a comprehensive report of hundreds of pages without a clear table of contents, we spend a lot of time searching for the right data. So all these examples result in delays.
This is how to deliver the right information
For a foundation, we need a overview drawing including the cross-sections of the concrete beams and the diameters of the reinforcing steel to be applied. You can provide this information in two different ways:
- Via the contact form, supply the structural overview drawing in PDF or DWG format with information about the reinforcement. It is important that the documents you send include the cross-sections of the concrete beams and the reinforcement sections.
- Complete our foundation intake form.
Figure 2. Example of a field to be filled in from the foundation intake form.
Foundation intake form
If you do not have a structural drawing and opt for the intake form, you will be asked for the information we need step by step. In the form, you first choose what shape the beam frame should be. Then you fill in data on, for example, the dimensions of the reinforcement, the concrete and the concrete cover. You can also enter whether side bars or links are required. Finally, you fill in your name, phone number and e-mail address.
- By completing the foundation intake form, the quotation can be made faster. The form asks for crucial information step by step.
Receive a super complete quotation
When we receive the information as described above, we can start working out quickly. Of course, the speed partly depends on the size and complexity of the project, but in general, you will then receive within two days:
- 3D model of the reinforcement, viewable with RebarAssist.
- Clear drawings of all prefabricated parts.
- Detailed elaboration of the reinforcement.
- Assembly plan of the reinforcement.
- Clear and numbered parts list, which corresponds to the assembly plan and labels to the reinforcement.
The right information is crucial
At Betonstaal.nl, we value a clear ordering process, optimal production and fast logistics. We are constantly working on speeding up the time of working out a clear 3D model for your project. The more complete and clear we get that information, the faster we can model and calculate. To be clear: we devise manufacturable solutions for the reinforcement, but are not structural engineers and therefore do not determine how much rebar should go into the concrete and what diameter should be used.
Questions about submitting information?
If you still have questions about submitting information for your construction project, you can always contact us.